Data Security Podcast Episode 10 – July 21 2008
The Data Security Podcast is the place for 30 minutes of news every week on data security, the law, and the digital underworld.
In this week’s episode: A tracking tool to follow Office files when they leave your server, remote access security, and the latest data security news.
–> Stream, subscribe or download Episode 10 – Listen or subscribe to the feed to automatically get the latest episode sent to you to your Google, Yahoo, iTunes, or other popular sites.
–>Tune into the show directly on iTunes, you can also subscribe to the program on iTunes.
This week’s show is sponsored by DeviceLock
Program Notes for Episode 10:
2. The Plot Thickens on The City of San Francisco Network Lockout. Read the excellent story in PC World.
3. Myspace pages used against people in court. Read more in the AP story by Eric Tucker.
4. Dark Web advertises Trojan with a guarantee to evade anti-virus software. Details from Tech Digest.
Interview 2: Andrew Hay of Q1Labs on security and remote access
SANS Webcast: Separated at Birth – Identity and Access Reunited!
SANS Tool Talk Webcast: Log Management: No Longer Optional – How to Choose the Right Tool for the Job
– Leveraging Log Management to Boost Enterprise IT Security
– A Proactive Approach to Battling Today’s Complex Network Threats
– Beyond the Perimeter: Enterprise-wide Intrusion Prevention White Paper
– Lessons in Threat Management: Lowering Security Risks in Campus Networks White Paper
Our guest, Andrew, has a Blog here