Data Security Podcast Episode 58 – June 22 2009
30 minutes each week on data security, privacy, and the law…. (plus or minus five)
On this week’s program:
- The vast majority of malware infected web sites are legitimate sites that have been secretly hijacked. How would you know if your site was on that list?
- Your GPS can now tell you where red light cameras, photo radar and DUI checkpoints are. Some local governments aren’t happy about this…we’ll talk to the CEO of the firm providing the data.
- Plus, Apple’s PR department calls us back, find out where information security was in their priority list.
- More details and links in the show notes section below the audio listening instructions.
–>NEW! Stream This Week’s Show with our Built-In Flash Player: (or scroll down to try the Odeo link for a very firewall friendly player)
This week’s show is 26.5 minutes long
–> Stream, subscribe or download Episode 58 – Listen or subscribe to the feed to automatically get the latest episode sent to you to your Google, Yahoo, iTunes, or other popular sites.
–>Tune into the show directly on iTunes, you can also subscribe to the program on iTunes.
–> A simple way to listen to the show from with stricter firewalls: Listen from Odeo. This site works better if you are behind a more restrictive enterprise firewall.
This week’s show is sponsored in part by Vipre Anti-Virus, the complete Antimalware solution by Sunbelt Software. If you TRY the enterprise version, you get the home version for FREE! Go to: http://www.testdrivevipre.com . Also sponsored by DeviceLock Removable Media Security Software.
Show Notes for Episode 58 of the Data Security Podcast
- Ira has a conversation with Joe Scott the CEO and Founder of PhantomAlert.com. This services allows you to use your GPS, and the power of social networks to get early warnings of the locations of photo radar, red light cameras, DUI checkpoints, and more.
- Tales From The Dark Web: Mass Injection – Nine-Ball Compromises more than 40,000 Legitimate Web sites. And Web Anti-Malware provider Dasient can alert you when your web site is infected and blacklisted.
- From The News: Apple calls us back. They don’t want to talk about security, tune in to find out what they wanted to talk about.
- From The News: Due to some traveling, we will not have our take on this week’s news. Our analysis segment will return next week.
- Wrap: New regulations proposed on GPS use in a moving vehicle.