Data Security Podcast Episode 62 – July 21 2009
30 minutes each week on data security, privacy, and the law….(plus or minus five)
On this week’s program:
* EXCLUSIVE: New tool to fight web attacks, and add to your privacy
* Our take on this week’s news.
–>NEW! Stream This Week’s Show with our Built-In Flash Player:
This week’s show is 33 minutes.
–> Stream, subscribe or download Episode 62 – Listen or subscribe to the feed to automatically get the latest episode sent to you to your Google, Yahoo, iTunes, or other popular sites.
–>Tune into the show directly on iTunes, you can also subscribe to the program on iTunes.
–> A simple way to listen to the show from with stricter firewalls: Listen from Odeo. This site works better if you are behind a more restrictive enterprise firewall.
Please visit our sponsors, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast:
- Vipre Anti-Virus, the complete Antimalware solution by Sunbelt Software. If you TRY the enterprise version, you get the home version for FREE! Go to: http://www.testdrivevipre.com .
- GamaSec Web App Scans: Spots cyber-hazards on your web site, and has advanced zero-day protection. GET YOUR FREE BASIC WEB APP SCAN, plus a special offer just for listeners to The Data Security Podcast. Go here to sign up, and add the offer code: Podcast.
- SonicWall; Get the super fast UTM firewall that’s rated Five Stars (the Best rating) by Secure Computing Magazine. Data Clone Labs is the premier SonicWall Medallion Partner for all your security needs.
- DeviceLock; Software that controls, manages and helps encrypt USB drives and other removable media. Get a free trial on their site, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast.
Show Notes for Episode 62 of the Data Security Podcast
* Conversation: Ira talks with Tarique Mustafa, CEO and founder of data loss prevention firm, nexTier.
* Tales From The Dark Web Exclusive: A new browser tool that blocks browser trackers, annoying pop-unders, AND some malicious web banner adverts. It’s Ghostery version 2, and it goes live this week. Be sure to get version 2, as version one is only logging, not blocking!
* From the News: Beaver County school district hit by cyber fraud.
* From The News: Details on the vulnerability in Firefox 3.5.
* Correction From The News: When Ira spoke about two factor authentication he meant to say that a password is something that you know. He apologizes for the mistake.