Data Security Podcast Episode 70, Sep 21 2009
30 minutes every week on data security, privacy, and the law…..(plus or minus five)
On this week’s program:
* Full access to anyone’s Facebook account for $100?
* Update on confidential data case in Maricopa County, AZ
* Our take on this week’s news.
–> Stream This Week’s Show with our Built-In Flash Player:
–> Scroll down to see links and show notes for this week’s show
–> Stream, subscribe or download Episode 70 – Listen or subscribe to the feed to automatically get the latest episode sent to you to your Google, Yahoo, iTunes, or other popular sites.
–>Tune into the show directly on iTunes, you can also subscribe to the program on iTunes.
–> A simple way to listen to the show from with stricter firewalls: Listen from Odeo. This site works better if you are behind a more restrictive enterprise firewall.
Please visit our sponsors, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast:
- Vipre Anti-Virus, the complete Antimalware solution by Sunbelt Software. If you TRY the enterprise version, you get the home version for FREE! Go to: http://www.testdrivevipre.com .
- GamaSec Web App Scans: Spots cyber-hazards on your web site, and has advanced zero-day protection. GET YOUR FREE BASIC WEB APP SCAN, plus a special offer just for listeners to The Data Security Podcast. Go here to sign up, and add the offer code: Podcast.
- SonicWall; Get the super fast UTM firewall that’s rated Five Stars (the Best rating) by Secure Computing Magazine. Data Clone Labs is the premier SonicWall Medallion Partner for all your security needs.
- DeviceLock; Software that controls, manages and helps encrypt USB drives and other removable media. Get a free trial on their site, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast.
Show Notes for Episode 70 of the Data Security Podcast
* Tales From The Dark Web: According to a PandaLabs report, for $100, members of the Dark Web will provide you with the password on any Facebook user. What else are they doing with the data?
* From the News: The SANS Institute releases The Top Cyber Security Risks report. It’s a must read .
* From the News: An Ohio children’s hospital experienced a data breach when man tried to spy on ex-girlfriend using malware. Excellent coverage by Robert McMillan of IDG News Service.
* From the News: According to a new study: eCommerce Merchants “…Can Convert 11% More Digital Window Shoppers by Adding Security Trustmarks”