Data Security Podcast Episode 73, Oct 11 2009
30 minutes every week on data security, privacy, and the law…..(plus or minus ten)
On this week’s program:
* Major patching in store this week, due in part to flaws revealed this summer in Las Vegas?
* A fresh look at a Zeus banking attack counter-measure
* Our take on this week’s news.
–> Stream This Week’s Show with our Built-In Flash Player:
–> Scroll down to see links and show notes for this week’s show
–> Stream, subscribe or download Episode 73 – Listen or subscribe to the feed to automatically get the latest episode sent to you to your Google, Yahoo, iTunes, or other popular sites.
–>Tune into the show directly on iTunes, you can also subscribe to the program on iTunes.
–> A simple way to listen to the show from with stricter firewalls: Listen from Odeo. This site works better if you are behind a more restrictive enterprise firewall.
Please visit our sponsors, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast:
- Vipre Anti-Virus, the complete Antimalware solution by Sunbelt Software. If you TRY the enterprise version, you get the home version for FREE! Go to: http://www.testdrivevipre.com .
- GamaSec Web App Scans: Spots cyber-hazards on your web site, and has advanced zero-day protection. GET YOUR FREE BASIC WEB APP SCAN, plus a special offer just for listeners to The Data Security Podcast. Go here to sign up, and add the offer code: Podcast.
- SonicWall; Get the super fast UTM firewall that’s rated Five Stars (the Best rating) by Secure Computing Magazine. Data Clone Labs is the premier SonicWall Medallion Partner for all your security needs.
- DeviceLock; Software that controls, manages and helps encrypt USB drives and other removable media. Get a free trial on their site, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast.
Show Notes for Episode 73 of the Data Security Podcast
* Conversation: Ira takes a new look at a counter-measure for the latest wave of Zeus banking attacks in his conversation with Steven Dispensa, CTO of PhoneFactor.
* Tales From The Dark Web: It’s like clockwork…two months after security events BlackHat and Defcon every summer in Las Vegas, we see a surge in patches for attacks that were highlighted at these events. Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for October 13th 2009. Security Advisory for Adobe Reader and Acrobat for October 13th 2009, including the CVE number.
* From Our Take on The News: Computer Network Denial Of Service Denial