30 minutes every week on data security, privacy, and the law…..(plus or minus ten)
On this week’s program:
* One semi-colon could expose your web server, and there’s no patch
* World Exclusive Interview: Researcher uncovers Adobe Flash programming flaw that impacts millions of web users.
* Our take on this week’s news
–> Stream This Week’s Show with our Built-In Flash Player (for higher security, stream through FeedBurner, using the hyperlink below):
–> Scroll down to see links and show notes for this week’s show
–> Stream, subscribe or download Episode 87 – Use Feedburner to listen or subscribe to the feed to automatically get the latest episode sent to you to your Google, Yahoo, iTunes, or other popular sites.
–>Tune into the show directly on iTunes, you can also subscribe to the program on iTunes.
–> A simple way to listen to the show from with stricter firewalls: Listen from Odeo. This site works better if you are behind a more restrictive enterprise firewall. The shows don’t always display on chronological order on Odeo.
Please visit our sponsors, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast:
- Award-winning Sunbelt Network Security Inspector a scalable and effective vulnerability scanner. Windows IT Pro Magazine readers chose SNSI as their Favorite Vulnerability Scanner for two years in a row. Read more here, and contact Data Clone Labs for a test drive .
- GamaSec Web App Scans: Spots cyber-hazards on your web site, and has advanced zero-day protection. GET YOUR FREE BASIC WEB APP SCAN, plus a special offer just for listeners to The Data Security Podcast. Go here to sign up, and add the offer code: Podcast.
- SonicWall; Get the super fast UTM firewall that’s rated Five Stars (the Best rating) by Secure Computing Magazine. Data Clone Labs is the premier SonicWall Medallion Partner for all your security needs.
- DeviceLock; Software that controls, manages and helps encrypt USB drives and other removable media. Get a free trial on their site, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast.
Show Notes for Episode 87 of the Data Security Podcast
* Ira talks with Eugene Dokukin about flaws in the programming of Adobe Flash. Read more on Eugene’s site, including how to change the code in the Adobe Flash files your company creates.
* From Our Take on The News: More people report debit info stolen at gas pumps . Read more here.
* From Our Take on The News: The Semi‐Colon Attack: Microsoft IIS Zero-Day Vulnerability. Read more here, including work-arounds.
* From Out Take on The News: Ohio Supreme Court rules on cell-phone search and seizure. Read the opinion here.