Data Security Podcast Episode 85, Dec 14 2009
30 minutes every week on data security, privacy, and the law…..(plus or minus ten)
On this week’s program:
* New surge in attacks targeting bank accounts
* Data security requires physical security
* Our take on this week’s news.
–> Stream This Week’s Show with our Built-In Flash Player:
–> Scroll down to see links and show notes for this week’s show
–> Stream, subscribe or download Episode 85 – Listen or subscribe to the feed to automatically get the latest episode sent to you to your Google, Yahoo, iTunes, or other popular sites.
–>Tune into the show directly on iTunes, you can also subscribe to the program on iTunes.
–> A simple way to listen to the show from with stricter firewalls: Listen from Odeo. This site works better if you are behind a more restrictive enterprise firewall. The shows don’t always display on chronological order on Odeo.
Please visit our sponsors, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast:
- Award-winning Sunbelt Network Security Inspector a scalable and effective vulnerability scanner. Windows IT Pro Magazine readers chose SNSI as their Favorite Vulnerability Scanner for two years in a row. Read more here, and contact Data Clone Labs for a test drive .
- GamaSec Web App Scans: Spots cyber-hazards on your web site, and has advanced zero-day protection. GET YOUR FREE BASIC WEB APP SCAN, plus a special offer just for listeners to The Data Security Podcast. Go here to sign up, and add the offer code: Podcast.
- SonicWall; Get the super fast UTM firewall that’s rated Five Stars (the Best rating) by Secure Computing Magazine. Data Clone Labs is the premier SonicWall Medallion Partner for all your security needs.
- DeviceLock; Software that controls, manages and helps encrypt USB drives and other removable media. Get a free trial on their site, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast.
Show Notes for Episode 85 of the Data Security Podcast
* From Our Take on The News: It’s confirmed Cybercriminals are now hiring hit men just like the real mafia. Read more at LawFuel.com .
* From Our Take on The News: Bruce Schneier (of Schneier on Security) says he missed this story… and pointed us to the Top Ten Stories You Missed this year, posted by a publication called “Foreign Policy. Here’s story number 7. How to get an American passport for a fake person..
* The Wrap: Holiday attacks target Facebook users, read more from PandaLabs .