30 minutes every week on data security, privacy, and the law…..(plus or minus five)
On this week’s program:
* Beware the non-delivery email notice – it might really be an attack.
* Apple has added an anti-phishing feature to the new iphone but few people have been able to get it to work right.
* Our take on this week’s news.
–> Stream This Week’s Show with our Built-In Flash Player:
–> Scroll down to see links and show notes for this week’s show
–> Stream, subscribe or download Episode 69 – Listen or subscribe to the feed to automatically get the latest episode sent to you to your Google, Yahoo, iTunes, or other popular sites.
–>Tune into the show directly on iTunes, you can also subscribe to the program on iTunes.
–> A simple way to listen to the show from with stricter firewalls: Listen from Odeo. This site works better if you are behind a more restrictive enterprise firewall.
Please visit our sponsors, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast:
- Vipre Anti-Virus, the complete Antimalware solution by Sunbelt Software. If you TRY the enterprise version, you get the home version for FREE! Go to: http://www.testdrivevipre.com .
- GamaSec Web App Scans: Spots cyber-hazards on your web site, and has advanced zero-day protection. GET YOUR FREE BASIC WEB APP SCAN, plus a special offer just for listeners to The Data Security Podcast. Go here to sign up, and add the offer code: Podcast.
- SonicWall; Get the super fast UTM firewall that’s rated Five Stars (the Best rating) by Secure Computing Magazine. Data Clone Labs is the premier SonicWall Medallion Partner for all your security needs.
- DeviceLock; Software that controls, manages and helps encrypt USB drives and other removable media. Get a free trial on their site, and be sure to let them know you heard about them on The Data Security Podcast.
Show Notes for Episode 69 of the Data Security Podcast
* Ira talks with Michael Sutton, vice president of research at Zscaler about issues with the new Apple iPhone anti-phishing feature in Safari for the iPhone. Read the details on how to fix this issue in this LoopInsight.com posting.
* Tales From The Dark Web: 2000% rise in non-delivery report spam, according to a PandaLabs report.
* From the News: Brian Mastenbrook: How I cross-site scripted Twitter in 15 minutes, and why you shouldn’t store important data on 37signals’ applications. Update: Response from 37signals, including a change in their policy. Also, check out ReportSecurityFlaws.com .
* Topics From the News: Tracking employee internet usage; iPhone man in the middle SSL attack; Should public officials be banned from using Blackberry PIN-to-PIN, and other text messages during hearings?
Wrap: iPhone 3.1 breaks Exchange Sync for pre-3GS phones from the discussion boards of DSL Reports.
iPhone Exchange Headaches?